Resources for Students
The Aura Satellite (pictured) and other efforts like it are gathering information on the chemistry and dynamics of the Earth's atmosphere, taking measurements that will enable scientists to investigate questions about ozone trends and air quality changes and the connections with climate change. See more info here: http://science.hq.nasa.gov/
If you need help with a report for school or just have a question about air pollution, contact: Armen Kamian at 530-332-9400 x108 for information. Privacy Notice: We do not keep e-mail addresses after we respond to you.
- Ask a question, get an answer from a UCSB Scientist
- U.S Environmental Protection Agency web pages:
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- High School
- See additional resources below.
- California Air Resources Board Kids Know Zone Kids coloring book, games, information on air pollution in California.
- Check out the Clean Air Coloring page on this website here: color.htm
- How Your Lungs Work (American Lung Association)
- NASA Earth Science Enterprise, For Kids Only - Information on how NASA studies air, natural hazards, land, and water. Links, games, and FAQs.
- US EPA Explorers Club Learn about air pollution, water pollution, recycling and more. Play some cool games, too.
- USEPA Global Warming Kids Site Learn about climate change.
- US EPA's Office of Environmental Education - Kids' page, teachers' page, regional programs, students' page.
- Rocky Mountain Institute - pages on energy.
- Clean Air Primer - The Clean Air Primer is organized into easy learning modules for use with different abilities and interest levels and makes use of the latest, up-to-date techniques in media delivery. Explore, see and learn about what's in the air.
- Planet Polluto - This interactive game taps into your skills and knowledge to help save Pollutonians from the ravages of air pollution. Grades 4-8.
- Clean Air Patch Program - The San Diego Air Pollution Control District's Clean Air Patch Program includes fun-filled activities geared to reach the younger audience.
- Breezy's Color & Activity Book - Yolo-Solano Air Quality Management District Kids Page. Breezy's color and activity book with fun facts about air quality.
- Smog City from Sacramento Air Quality Management District - This interactive web site teaches young adults how weather and human activities affect air quality.
- South Coast Air Quality Kids Page
- California Energy Commission Quest Site for Kids
- California Air Resources Board Information about air pollution programs implemented by the state of California.
- U.S. EPA Student Center The place to go for information on our environment, including air pollution.
- CERES Theme: California Environmental Education Information on the natural sciences, physical sciences, language arts, and other subjects.
- National Science Foundation - Home Page Find out about National Science Foundation programs and educational opportunities.
- EV Challenge- Energy Efficient Vehicles and Clean Fuel Technologies