Butte County Air Quality Management District
629 Entler Avenue, Suite 15
Chico, CA 95928
(530) 332-9400

Permit Categories

Agricultural Burn Permit- may be required for burning agricultural waste, land clearing waste, prescribed burning, right-of-way clearing waste, or levee, ditch, harvesting operations.

Source Permit- required when a process, operation, or pollution control equipment is necessary. This requires an Authority to Construct and a Permit to Operate. A list of these can be found here

Portable Engine Registration- allows portable diesel engines used exclusively in agricultural operations to be voluntarily registered as stationary engines and subject to the stationary engine requirements of Rule 1001